Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
KTVF/KXDF/KFXF are the NBC, CBS and MeTV affiliated stations serving the interior of Alaska with award winning local news, great entertainment and public service to the Fairbanks community. KTVF and KXDF, our news producing stations, have been the launching point for many journalists and producers who have moved up in the ranks and are now successfully filling key roles in stations throughout the country.
KTVF seeks a detail oriented Television Broadcast Operator to join our team. The Operator controls broadcast automation equipment to deliver and monitor on-air television programs. This position is shift-work to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Operates video and audio switching/routing equipment to deliver programs, station breaks, and announcements on-air according to pre-established program logs.
- Makes programming changes according to established guidelines in the event of program discrepancies or emergencies.
- Records all programming discrepancies in detailed station Discrepancy Reports.
- Records all programming changes in station program log.
- Monitors transmitter operation and reports deviations or malfunctions.
- May perform related duties as assigned.
- Punctuality is vital. Must have dependable transportation.
- Ability to learn the operation of broadcast automation equipment for television broadcast.
- Ability to learn television terminology and procedures.
- Must be able to make rapid mathematical calculations.
- Basic computer literacy as well as typing/keyboarding.
- Must be able to keep detailed records.
- Ability to perform tasks while under pressure to maintain deadlines.
- Ability to make program change decisions independently, according to established guidelines.
- Ability to deal tactfully with co-workers and the public.
- Knowledge of broadcast automation is a plus!
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Please apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or