The final numbers are in for the North Pole Middle School's Annual Champions 4 Charity fundraiser, and the eight teams who were involved this year will be presenting $18,000 dollars to various non-profits and charities.
The winner of this year's event, who were crowned during the school's annual McHenry Ball Tournament, was the team "4 the Kids" who will be donating $4,286 to "Give Kids the World"
The teams went around the interior and even took donations online for organizations of their choice for about a month with the top two teams raised over $4,000. The winner of this year's event, who were crowned during the school's annual McHenry Ball Tournament, was the team "4 the Kids" who will be donating $4,286 to "Give Kids the World"; a non-profit organization based in Central Florida that provides week long cost free vacations for children with critical Illnesses and their families.
That dollar total marks a new Champions 4 Charity Record. The other team to break $4,000 was "End Silence, End Suicide" who will be donating $4,006 to the Arctic Resource Center for Suicide Prevention. All eight teams involved in this year's event raised over $1,000.
1. Team 4 the Kids: $4286 to Give Kids the World
2. ESES: End Silence; End Suicide: $4006 to the Arctic Resource Center for Suicide Prevention
3. ImagiNation: $2262 to Paws for Purple Hearts
4. Paws 4 a Cause: $1727 to Noble Paws
5. Positive Force 2.0: $1408 to Foundation Health Partners Hospice Services
6. Kids Next Door: $1388 to Fairbanks Youth Advocates
7. The Mission Magicians: $1243 to the Fairbanks Rescue Mission
8. The Support Squad: $1204 to the Breast Cancer Detection Center
The school will hold a special assembly on May 3rd, where they will be presenting the donation checks to the organizations they supported.