¾ Cup Salted Butter
6 Cups Self-Rising Flour
2 ⅓ Cups Buttermilk
Directions1. Oil a cast iron skillet with grease (or bacon fat for flavor) set aside.
2. Create a divot within the flour and add the butter and buttermilk.
** You can flavor the butter by adding spices, herbs or sugar
3. Mix by hand until blended, folding in the flour until a mixture is well blended. Do not over mix.
4. Heat oven to 475°.
5. With floured hands grab a small biscuit sized piece and place inside skillet. Fill skillet up with biscuit dough.
6. Bake 8-12 minutes depending on size.
7. Brush melted butter on top when done.