Man charged with attempted murder after trooper search, standoff

FAIRBANKS, Alaska - UPDATE: The two people taken into custody after a trooper search and standoff this afternoon have been released and another man has been arrested on charges of attempted murder, weapons misconduct and assault.
Alaska State Troopers say they got a call this afternoon at around 2:30 p.m. from a driver who said a man later identified as 43-year-old David Cagwin had intentionally hit his car with another vehicle while he was stopped to pick up a pedestrian near the intersection of Easy Street and Van Horn Road. The man said Cagwin then fired shots at the pedestrian. No one was injured in the incident, and Cagwin's vehicle was disabled.
When troopers and Fairbanks police arrived at the scene, they found Cagwin and two passengers had fled on foot. They caught Cagwin a short distance from the scene of the crash. Troopers say they also found the gun Cagwin fired nearby. They apprehended Cagwin's two passengers after a search and brief standoff at a nearby office and shop. The pair has since been released.
Cagwin is in custody at Fairbanks Correctional Center; he was arrested on charges of attempted murder, second-degree weapons misconduct and third-degree assault. Troopers say they're still investigating the incident.

Two people are in custody after a trooper search and standoff in southeast Fairbanks this afternoon.
Around 2:30PM, Alaska State Troopers responded to the area of Lakeview Terrace after a report of shots fired.
Upon arrival, troopers found an abandoned truck at the intersection, and looked for the suspect in the surrounding area.
Their search led them to Eggor truck yard, where two people were hiding inside the office and shop building.
The two were taken into custody after a brief standoff.
Troopers declined to comment on whether or not the people they apprehended were involved with the original call.
They have yet to confirm what charges, if any, the pair will face.
We will have more on this story as it develops.