Car on fire in Regency Court Business Center

FAIRBANKS, Alaska - A vehicle caught on fire Wednesday evening. The four door sedan was ablaze in the parking lot near the Siam Square Thai restaurant located in the Regency Court Business Center. The owner of the vehicle, who was on the scene, said a spark from a faulty fuel pump might have ignited the gasoline. Acting Captain for the Fairbanks Fire Department, John Wagner, said this particular car fire was tricky to extinguish. "The gas tank was exposed, so it kind of took a while to put out because the more water we put on it, the bigger the fire became. So we used some foam and surrounded the runoff with the gas in it that was lighting off,” said Wagner. There were no injuries reported during the event.