Quick reaction saves home from damage in fire

Quick action saved a downtown Fairbanks home from severe fire damage this afternoon.

Fairbanks Fire Department responded to the fire on Kellum street around 12pm.

According to the occupants, the cause of the fire was a child who urinated on an electrical outlet.

Flames began shooting from the outlet and the occupant said she quickly reacted, turning off the circuit breaker and using a nearby fire extinguisher to control the blaze.

The amount of damage to the residence, if any, is unknown.

No injuries were reported.