Man suffers burns at Downtown Post office

Local fire officials are trying to figure out exactly what happened that left a man with serious burns at the downtown post office on Barnette street yesterday.

Fire fighters discovered the blaze actually involved a person that appeared to had been sleeping on the floor in the PO Box hallway and for unknown reasons had caught fire.

That person sustained serious burns, and was taken to Fairbanks memorial hospital and later medevac’d to a burn center in Seattle.

Fairbanks Fire and Police Departments are investigating, and anyone with information is asked to call 450 6615.