Local charity closed because of carbon monoxide

Love INC,  a charitable organization in South Fairbanks, remains closed until they can get a new boiler installed.

 

Three employees at the non–profit were hospitalized last Friday for treatment of carbon monoxide poisoning  that fire officials say came from the heating system.

Executive Director Debbie Cloninger, Clearinghouse Director Tina Basile and an employee's 12–year–old son became ill friday afternoon.

They were treated at the hospital and later released.

Assistant City Fire Chief Ernie Misewicz said carbon monoxide readings in the building near 26th and Rickert, were at more than 200 parts per million when firefighters got there. He said 35 parts per million will set off a carbon monoxide detector.