Electrical fire brings large response to downtown motel.

An electrical fire in a downtown motel got a large scale response from area fire service officials Wednesday afternoon.

Fairbanks City Fire and Police personnel got the call just before 2 p.m. responding to the Alaskan Motor Inn

on Fourth Avenue and Lacey Street.

As a precaution, City Fire also got mutual aid assistance from University of Alaska and Fort Wainwright

Fire Departments as well.

According to building owner Bob Larango, the incident took place in a basement room.

"We were just cleaning up some electrical boxes, and getting ready to do some upgrades, and one of the electrical

boxes shorted out, and put alot of smoke into the basement," said Larango.

No injuries were reported, and all occupants of the building were safely evacuated, much to the relief of Larango.

"Nobody got hurt," he said.  "It could have been alot worse, but we've got a good fire department....they're on the job."