FAIRBANKS-KTVF Sports looks back at some of the big moments in the last 12 months. Check out our list and add to it if they're you feel should be tacked on.
This list is in no particular order.
1. Dr. Gary Gray is selected as the new athletic director at UAF.
2. Mike Dunlap is named the head coach of the Charlotte Bobcats. This year they've already matched their total wins from their previous season (7). The Bobcasts had the worst losing percentage in NBA history last season.
3. The Nanooks swimming team beats Cal Baptist for the first time in program history. Benter Heller is currently number one in the 100 freestyle which is the first time any Nanook swimmer has beeing ranked number one in an event at any point during the season in program history.
4. Bill Paige retires from the Yukon 800.
5. Lathrop High School names its gym floor in honor Coach Joe Tremarello.
6. Jack Townsend, the singer and Midnight Sun running great passes away at 85.
7. Hannah Mattson is named the Alaska Gatorade Player of the Year in March for her 2011-2012 season.
8. Janay Deloach, a Eielson High School grad, wins the bronze in women's long jump in the Olympics in London.
9. Matt Emmons, a former Nanook, wins his third career olympic medal in London. His bronze in the three position event in London completes his trifecta of medals with a gold (2004, prone) and a silver (2008, prone).
10. The Monroe Rams win the 3A basketball state championship, go 28-1 and beat 4A Dimond in their 2011-2012 season.
11.Former Nanook Jamie Beyerle Gray gets her first career medal which was a gold in the 50 meter 3 position rifle event in London.
12. The Goldpanners win the 107th Annual Midnight Sun Baseball game.