18 year old set to strike plea deal in 2012 double shooting.

FAIRBANKS, AK -- An 18 year old Fairbanks man is scheduled to strike a plea deal with State prosecutors in connection with a July, 2012 Hamilton Acres double shooting that nearly killed one of the alleged victims.

Christian Andrew Williams remains housed at the Fairbanks Correctional Center on a no-bail status charged with two counts of Felony Assault in the First Degree.

According to the Alaska Court System website, Williams will enter into the plea agreement during scheduled hearings set for Thursday afternoon in front of Fairbanks Superior Court Judge Paul Lyle.

Just after 4 p.m. July 21st of last year, police responded to the report of gunshots at an apartment on 29 Glacier Street. They found Williams hiding in the woods behind the apartment building. Williams told police one of the men he shot put a gun on a kitchen table in an apartment and wanted him to play Russian roulette. Williams says he refused, and instead picked up the gun and shot both men.

Injured in the assault were 19-year old Devante R. Woods, and 18-year old Olajahwon R. Quint. Woods sustained a gunshot wound to the abdomen, and for a time authorities listed his prognosis for recovery as "poor." After months in a Tacoma, Washington-based military hospital, he has since recovered from his injuries.

Quint was shot in the arm, and was treated and released from the hospital the same day the shooting occurred. 

Woods is also facing his own legal troubles.

While in the hospital, a Fairbanks Grand Jury indicted Woods on a 2nd Degree Sexual Abuse of a Minor charge stemming from his alleged contact with a victim who was between the ages of 13 and 15 on February 24, 2012.

Woods is scheduled to accept a plea deal from prosecutors as well.

That hearing is set for April 4 in front of Judge Michael MacDonald in Fairbanks.

Police say there was no indication the shooting was related to the sexual abuse charge.